Celebrate 20 Years of ABL on July 10-11 in New Orleans
Bethesda, MD – Registration is open for the ABL Annual Meeting to be held July 10-11, 2022 at the Hilton New Orleans St. Charles Avenue in New Orleans, Louisiana. The meeting will mark ABL’s 20th anniversary, having united independent on- and off-premise beverage licensees since 2002. The ABL Annual Meeting returns after a two-year pandemic-driven hiatus and is at once a sign of the resilience of the hospitality industry and a reminder of the work that needs to be done to bring many in the industry back to a position where they can serve their customers and communities.
The meeting features a range of speakers and opportunities for attendees to network with their fellow retailers and others in the beverage alcohol industry. The meeting program examines key issues facing independent beverage retailers including short-term and long-lasting impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on the retail alcohol market; competition issues within the alcohol industry; legal, regulatory, and legislative developments in Congress and the states; and a host of other important topics that are shaping the beverage alcohol marketplace.
2022 ABL Annual Meeting sessions and speakers include:
- COVID-19’s Impact on the Alcohol Industry – Danny Brager, Owner, Brager Beverage Alcohol Consulting; Dale Stratton, Owner, Five Points Consulting LLC
- On-Premise Focus: Competing with Taprooms – Chris Black, Cofounder, Falling Rock Tap House
- Direct-To-Consumer Case Study: Michigan – Spencer Nevins, President, Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association
- Covering the Industry: Latest Trends in Beverage Alcohol Business – Harry Schuhmacher, Publisher & Owner, Beer Business Daily; Sarah Barrett, Executive Editor, Wine & Spirits Daily
- Impaired Driving Policy – What’s Driving the Discussion? –T. Griffin, Principal, Griffin Strategies, LLC
- Federal Alcohol Regulatory Update – David Wulf, Deputy Administrator, Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB)
- The Liquor Law Enforcement Landscape – Carrie Christofes, Executive Director, National Liquor Law Enforcement Association
The ABL Annual Meeting will also feature networking and social events from sponsors including the American Distilled Spirits Alliance, Anheuser-Busch, iControl, Molson Coors Beverage Company and Sazerac Co.
Attendees will have the opportunity to connect with colleagues at the Opening Night Reception on Sunday, July 10 while also enjoying a wide range of industry products from the following supporters: Bacardi, Beam Suntory, Brown-Forman, Campari Group, Diageo, Dripping Springs Distilling, E&J Gallo Winery, Edrington, Heaven Hill Brands, Infinium Spirits, Mast-Jagermeister US, LALO, Luxco, Pernod Ricard USA, Proximo, Ranch Rider Spirits Co., Remy Cointreau, Samson & Surrey, Serralles USA, Stoli, Tito’s Handmade Vodka, and William Grant & Sons.
Sponsorship opportunities are still available. Please contact Susan Duffy at 301-956-3657 for more information.
Registration is open and is $299 per person. Click to REGISTER for the ABL Annual Meeting. Make sure to BOOK YOUR ROOM at the Hilton New Orleans St. Charles Avenue to receive the ABL Annual Meeting rate of $169/night++.
American Beverage Licensees is the preeminent national trade association for beverage alcohol retailers. Direct retail beverage alcohol sales in the United States generate more than 2.03 million well-paying jobs. ABL’s thousands of on-premise and off-premise licensee members are independent and often family-owned establishments. The beverage retailing industry pays over $27.9 billion in federal taxes and $20.0 billion in state and local taxes. To learn more about ABL, visit www.ablusa.org.